General Terms and Conditions for Participation in B2Run Running Events of Infront Sports & Media AG
§ 1 Scope of Application - Validity
(1) These General Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as "GTC") in their currently valid version apply to all B2Run events (hereinafter referred to as "Events") held by Infront Sports & Media AG, Grafenauweg 2, 6302 Zug (hereinafter referred to as "Organisers") and regulate the legal relationship between the Company and its employees as participants in the Events (hereinafter referred to collectively as "Participants") and the Organiser.
(2) All declarations made by a participant to the Organiser shall be addressed to the Organiser at the address specified in paragraph 1.
§ 2 Conditions of participation - security measures
(1) All persons who have reached the age of 14 are eligible to start.
The organizer reserves the right to make changes.
(2) Participation in events involving animals, bicycles, e-bikes, pushchairs and wheelchairs is prohibited. Participation using sports equipment of any kind is not permitted. Sports equipment carried by participants will be confiscated by the organizer at any time until the end of the event. Excluded from this are Nordic Walking poles of participants who are officially registered as "Nordic Walkers" and who for safety reasons place themselves at the rear end of the starting field. If this is not followed, the organizer reserves the right to exclude participants from the event.
(3) The organiser shall notify the companies of all organisational measures to be observed by the participants in good time before the start of the respective event. The announcement shall be made either on the Organiser's website or directly on site on the day of the respective event.
(4) It is imperative that the instructions of the Organiser and its personnel and security personnel be followed. In the event of any infringements which could disturb the proper course of the event or endanger the safety of the other participants, the Organiser is entitled to exclude the participant concerned from the event at any time and/or to exclude the participant from the time evaluation (disqualification).
(5) Participation in an event may only be advertised internally or activated by the PR. It is generally forbidden to use the participation/starting places in an event for advertising purposes of any kind vis-à-vis third parties who do not belong to the operation of the participating company concerned or to carry out advertising activities at the event itself, unless there is a concrete written consent of the organiser.
(6) Legally binding declarations can only be made to the participants by authorized persons of the organizer. This group of persons includes, in particular, the event management on site, the members of the medical services attending the event, who can also prohibit the participant from participating or continuing to participate in the event if there are corresponding health signs to protect the participant.
§ 3 Registration - Participant fee - Terms of payment - Reimbursement
(1) Before a participant can register with his name for an event, a team captain must first register the corresponding company / team with a customer account at B2Run. After successful registration, the participant (or the person registering in the case of a team registration) receives the access data required for registration. Registration for an event is then only permitted using the access data received and the official registration form stored on the organizer's website. Registrations by fax or other registrations by "electronic mail" will not be accepted unless B2Run expressly declares its willingness to do so in individual cases. The registration is also carried out by the registrant on behalf of and with appropriate power of attorney for all participants (team) listed in the registration, for whose contractual obligations the registrant is responsible as for his own obligations. The name of a registered company may be published by the organizer. By registering, the participant accepts these GTC for him/herself and for the entire team (in the case of a team registration).
(2) The organizer reserves the right to disqualify participants at any time and without refund of the participation fee if they have given false information about personal data during registration.
(3) The respective participation fee will be charged by the organizer and has to be paid within the respective period. With the binding booking, the electronic transmission of the invoice is agreed. The organizer is at liberty to exclude a participant from the respective event in case of default of payment.
(4) If the participant limit has not yet been reached and the organizational conditions permit this, the organizer can also offer registration in cash on the day of the event.
(5) After booking there is no entitlement to reimbursement of the participant fee (subject to the regulation in the event of illness - see below) if a registered participant does not start at the start (regardless of the asserted reasons). This also applies in the event of a premature cancellation of the start.
(6) If a participant cannot participate in the event for medical reasons, the participant concerned will receive a voucher for participation in the following year upon presentation of the medical certificate. If one person of a team is absent due to illness or accident, cancellation is not possible for the entire team.
(7) The organizer can determine an organizational upper limit of the permissible number of participants for each event, which will be announced in the invitation to tender or at a later date. Registrations which exceed the upper limit cannot be considered. If a lottery procedure is determined for the allocation of participation places, the participant accepts this procedure with his registration. There is no legal claim to participation.
(8) In the event of a complete, final cancellation of the event, the team captain will be informed and the already paid participant fee will be refunded by the organizer. If the date is changed within the last 90 days before the original event date to another day, the participant has the right to choose to have the already paid participant fee refunded or to participate in the changed event or to participate in the event in the following year; the exact handling of the right to vote will be communicated to the team captain by the organizer in good time together with the notification of the change of date. In case of a rescheduling earlier than 90 days before the originally planned event as well as in case of a rescheduling in which the original day of the event remains unchanged, the participant is not entitled to a refund.
(9) If the event already started has to be cancelled, the participant shall not be entitled to a refund.
§ 4 Disclaimer of liability
(1) The events shall always take place in all weathers. However, if the organizer is obliged to make changes in the execution of the event or to cancel it due to force majeure or corresponding official orders or for safety reasons, the organizer shall not be liable for damages to the participant unless the cancellation of an event is due to gross negligence or intent for which the organizer is responsible. The same applies to the cancellation of an event.
(2) The organizer is not liable for material and financial damages not caused by at least gross negligence; the exception to this limitation of liability are damages which are based on the culpable violation of a main contractual obligation of the organizer as well as for culpably caused personal damages (injuries to life, body or health of a participant). The aforementioned limitations of liability also extend to the personal liability for damages of the employees, representatives, vicarious agents and third parties, whom the organizer uses in connection with the execution of the event or with whom it is contractually connected for this purpose.
(3) The organizer assumes no liability for health risks of the participants in connection with the participation in events. The participant is aware that participation in the event entails risks and that the risk of serious dangers, including death, cannot be excluded. It is the participant's responsibility to check his or her state of health beforehand. Participation is at the participant's own risk. The organizer is not liable for injuries caused by other participants or external third parties.
(4) Insurance is the responsibility of the participants. Every participant must be insured against accidents.
(5) The organizer assumes no liability for objects stored by the participant. The liability of the organizer for gross negligence in the selection remains unaffected.
(6) Offers from partners of Infront Sports & Media AG (commercial third parties)
- The implementation of offers from partners of the organizer is the sole responsibility of the partners. The organizer acts only as a mediator between customer and partner and excludes any liability. The services of the organizer are limited to collecting, describing and mediating offers. After the acquisition of the offer, the partners are entitled to make their own selection for certain available action locations (if locations were indicated in the portal) and to agree on a date for implementation (if this was not fixed in advance). In the course of the redemption process, the contact data of the relevant partner or sub-broker will be transmitted, via whose service the concrete scheduling can be carried out.
- The contract regarding the booking and execution of the respective offer is concluded directly between the customer and the respective partner. The fulfilment of the booked service as such does not represent any obligation on the part of Infront Sports & Media AG to perform. Infront Sports & Media AG is merely an agent for the offers shown on this website.
- The General Terms and Conditions of the respective partners shall apply for the implementation of the offers. Important contents (e.g. exclusion criteria, dates, locations) can be found in the descriptions of the offers.
§ 5 Data protection
(1) Personal data are data that can be used to determine the identity of subscribers. This includes information such as the participant's correct name or address.
(2) The personal data provided by the participant upon registration shall be stored and used for the purposes of organising and processing the events, including the purpose of medical care for the participant on the course and at the finish. This applies in particular to the data required for payment processing, taking into account the relevant data protection provisions. By registering, the participant consents to the data being stored for this purpose.
(3) The photos, film footage and interviews of the participant taken in connection with participation in the event may also be disseminated and published by the Organiser for press publications, PR and advertising purposes without claim to remuneration.
(4) The personal data stored in accordance with para. 1 shall be passed on to a commercial third party for organisational purposes, in particular for timekeeping, compiling result lists, personal photo and video services and posting these lists on the Organiser's website. By registering, the participant consents to the data being stored and passed on for this purpose.
(5) The name, first name, gender, company, starting number and result (placement and times) of the participant will be published on the website of the organizer and the timekeeper for the purpose of displaying starter and result lists. By registering, the participant consents to the storage and use of personal data for this purpose.
(6) The personal data stored in accordance with paragraph 1 shall be used for internal market research purposes of the Organiser. By registering, the participant consents to the storage and use of the data for this purpose.
(7) The participant receives all information relevant to the event by e-mail. By registering, the participant consents to the storage and use of his/her email address for this purpose.
§ 6 Timekeeping, irregular behaviour
(1) If a timekeeping chip is issued for participation in the event, this chip was checked for its functionality before being issued to the participant. A guarantee and/or liability of the organizer because of the defectiveness of the chip, which occurs after issue, is excluded.
(2) If a timekeeping chip and a start number are used for the event, these must be worn in accordance with the requirements formulated by the organizer. If the start number is forgotten, lost or not worn, there is no right to participation.
§ 7 Award ceremony, scoring categories
(1) In justified cases, the organizer reserves the right to exclude individual runners and teams from the classification. In principle, legal action is excluded in connection with the nomination of the winners of the evaluation categories of the individual events.
§ 8 Final provisions
(1) Should any provision of these GTC be or become invalid in whole or in part, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. The contracting parties are obliged to replace the invalid or unenforceable provision in whole or in part with a valid or enforceable provision that comes closest to the intended purpose and purpose of the invalid or unenforceable provision in an admissible manner. Headings have purely explanatory function and are non-binding.
(2) The place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising from this contract shall be Zug, Switzerland, as far as permissible.
(3) Insofar as there are no mandatory statutory provisions to the contrary, Swiss law shall apply exclusively.
(4) If there are any differences between the French, English and German versions of the GTC, the German version will always apply.
Zug, April 2019